Eat Pretty, Live Well: What does that mean??
I am so inspired by a favorite Author of mine, Jolene Hart, who wrote this journal called Eat Pretty, Live Well. I truly admire her for her efforts in creating mindfulness around eating.
As I've ventured on my journey with holistic health and wellness and truly getting to the root of my own disease. Mindfulness plays a huge role in the healing process.
I'm here to help you lear what mindful eating is all about and how it can help keep your weight down, as well as help with healing of ailments or disease.
But first, why I am I talking about eating mindfully anyway??
I'm glad you asked!
In the modern world we eat for convenience rather than nutrition. We eat for instant gratification rather than long-term health benefits.
Can you imagine learning a new way of slow eating in which you actually get to experience the tastes and textures of your food rather than wolfing it down in a hurry or snacking on the go?
I can help you to learn how to slow down and eat mindfully! I can help you to see the food you eat as medicine that not only nourishes your whole system, but also tastes delicious!
So what is mindful eating?
Mindful eating means taking the time to honor your food by choosing high quality, organic food, preparing it with care and eating it slowly and mindfully using your five senses to really enjoy it.
It means allocating quiet time to prepare and enjoy your meal without rushing or multitasking at the same time.
Mindful eating is a way of saying to yourself: "I respect my body enough to be mindful of what I put into it and of the way I eat."
Think of this type of eating as a meditation. It means choosing to be present with your food and the way you eat it.
My clients find that eating mindfully helps to:
- Sense intuitively when you are full
- Gain way more satisfaction from eating
- Develop a healthy relationship with food
- See food as medicine
- Discover new tastes and textures
- Improve digestion (less gas and bloating)
- Regulate bowel movement
- Discover food sensitivities
- Create healthy habits that enliven you
How will I know if it's time for me to learn to eat mindfully?
Glad you asked! It's time for you to practice mindful eating if you answer "YES" to any of these questions:
- You get bloated after eating
- You scoff down your food like there is no tomorrow
- You eat just to feel full not to enjoy the tastes
- You eat to numb out
- You want to learn to enjoy healthy food
- You feel bloated easily
- You gain weight easily
- You crave sugar or starchy foods
- You have difficulty focusing or foggy brain
- You feel lethargic after eating
- You have allergies or hay fever
- You feel addicted to eating foods that aren't healthy fo you but you can't stop
- You tend to gain weight easily, especially in your belly
- You have extra pounds that won't come off with diet and exercise
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help clients discover what triggers them to overeat or binge eat. Then I lead them through a step-by-step process to learn how to eat mindfully and to learn what to eat for their unique body type.
If you answered "YES" to any of the symptoms above, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me about how you can learn to eat mindfully.
I'll help you understand what's blocking you from eating mindfully and I'll show you how to get started.
To your Health!